Double Dribble: Walker Returns To Gators Hoops After Asking For Transfer
GAINESVILLE- After asking for his release last week, Florida forward DeVon Walker decided to stick with the Gators after all.
Walker had been released from his scholarship, but upon further consideration he has decided to build on his 20 point, 17 rebound freshman season totals in Orange and Blue.
"Florida is such a great place, and the more I thought about it, I just realized this is where I want to be,” Walker said. “The coaching staff has helped me get better on and off the court over the past year and I really enjoy being around my teammates, so I’m excited to refocus on my future here in Gainesville.”
“We always encourage guys to do what they feel is best for their future, and we’re glad that DeVon will be continuing with us here at Florida,” head coach Billy Donovan said.
- Gator Basketball Freshman Devon Walker to Transfer
- Gator Hoops Pick Up USC Transfer Damontre Harris
- Five Players in Double Digits as Gator Women's Hoops Beat Troy
- Gator Hoops Preparing to Return to Action
- Gator Track and Field Return Home After Winning National Championship
- Isaiah Jackson Drops A Triple-Double As GHS Boys Hoops Wins Season-Opener
- Chris Walker to Join Gators Soon; Gator Sports Roundup
- Erving Walker -- The Gators "Long Ranger"
- Gator Basketball Hopeful Chris Walker Becomes Eligible
- Patric Young to Return for Senior Season With Florida Hoops