Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Gator Baseball Falls In First Game of NCAA Regional; Moves On To Valparaiso
GAINESVILLE- The Florida Gator baseball team were the victims of a late rally by the Austin Peay Governors in the first game of the NCAA Bloomington Regional.
The Govs took an early 1-0 lead on a line to shortstop. The resulting out left first baseman Vickash Ramjit a little shaken up when his ankle was hurt, but he would stay in for the duration of the game.
Then in the top of the sixth with two on, a left field long ball by Justin Shafer (his 5th of the season) put the Gators ahead 3-1.
Jonathon Crawford took the mound for Florida for 6.1 innings, giving up 4 hits and striking out 5. Daniel Gibson came in for the back half of the 7th inning. Ryan Harris took the mound for Florida to finish out and was credited with the loss.
In the bottom of the 8th, Harris was hit off of by Michael Davis who sent one to just over the wall in left field, and just out of the reach of Harrison Bader. The 3 run homer put Austin Peay ahead 4-3 and they would hang on to win the game by that score.
Gators now drop down into the losers brack and will face Valparaiso on Saturday at 2pm.
- Gator Softball Takes Day 2 of Gainesville Regional; Gator Baseball Falls at Georgia
- Green Wave Rolls Over Gator Baseball at NCAA Regional
- Gator Baseball Will Host 4th Straight NCAA Regional
- Gator Baseball Clips Owls, Moves On to Super Regional
- Gator Gymnastics Falls One-Tenth Short of First NCAA Title
- Gator Baseball Drops Game One Of Super Regional
- Gator Softball Falls to Tennessee in First Game of WCWS
- Gator Baseball Takes First Game Versus Georgia; O'Sullivan Ready to Depend on Magliozzi
- Gator Baseball Gives Up Nine Runs, Falls to USC 9-2 in Game One
- North Marion Baseball Falls To Creekside in Class 4A Regional Quarterfinals