Gator Softball Takes Day 2 of Gainesville Regional; Gator Baseball Falls at Georgia
GAINESVILLE- The Gator softball team played host for the second day of the NCAA Gainesville Regional.
Florida took on USF, the same team that knocked the Gators out last year.
A Lauren Haeger 3 run homerun proved to be the spark, as the Gators went on to beat the Bulls 11-1 in a game that was called in the 5th inning.
Hampton and Georgia Southern played the second game of the day, with GSU beating Hampton 3-0.
GSU then fell to USF, and with the Bulls coming out of the loser bracket, they will play the Gators again on Sunday at 1 in the championship.
In Athens, the Gator baseball team fell to the Bulldogs in the rubber match of the 3 game series. UGA won the final game 9-2.
Florida will now be the number 8 seed in the SEC baseball tournament and face Texas A&M on Tuesday in Hoover.
- Gator Baseball Falls In First Game of NCAA Regional; Moves On To Valparaiso
- Gator Baseball Takes First Game Versus Georgia; O'Sullivan Ready to Depend on Magliozzi
- Gators Baseball Falls at Georgia 3-1, Series Now Even
- Gator Baseball Falls To Georgia Southern In 12 Innings
- Gainesville, Santa Fe Fall On Opening Day of Babe Ruth Softball World Series
- Florida Baseball Takes Two From Georgia in Double Header
- College Basketball: Gators Defense Takes Stand, Efficient Offense Leads to 70-48 Win Over Georgia
- Gator Softball Gets Series Win Over Georgia
- Gator Softball Loses Heartbreaker Versus Georgia
- Gator Women Fall to Georgia After Slow Second Half