Santa Fe Softball Falls In Game 1 of National Championship
GAINESVILLE-The Santa Fe Saints held on to a slim 1-0 lead in the bottom of the sixth inning of their NJCAA Tournament round one game against Wallace State CC before left fielder Katie Gentle hit her 21st homerun of the season to put WSCC ahead 2-1. It was just the second hit of the game for the Lions off SF starter Karla Claudio.
The Saints outhit Wallace 6-2 but only came up with one run on a single by Sid Masso in the fourth to give Santa Fe the short lived lead.
SF threatened in the bottom of the seventh, putting runners on first and second with no outs. A tailor made double play and a pop out ended the threat and sealed the victory for the Lions.
Claudio pitched six innings, surrendering two runs on two hits with five strikeouts. Lions started Breanna Blevins tossed seven innings, allowing one run on six hits with eight strikeouts.
Galis Lozada, Karla Claudio, Sid Masso, Geena Capitini, Yanira Sanchez, and Erin Marsh each had a hit for Santa Fe.
The Saints will now play an elimination game on Thursday, May 16 agaonst Pitt Community College (NC) at 2:30 PM MST (4:30 Eastern). Live audio of the game can be found atwww.ihigh.com/njcaatv. The loser of that contest will be eliminated and the winner will move on to play at team to be determined at 7:30 PM.
- Santa Fe Softball Prepares for National Championship
- Two Local High Schools Advance to Softball State Championship Games
- Gators Throw Away Game One in CWS Championship Series, Fall to Gamecocks 2-1
- Gator Basketball Falls in SEC Tournament Championship Game
- Hawthorne Falls in Championship Game, Buchholz Claims Third
- Forest Baseball Falls in State Championship Game in 11-Innings
- Florida Falls to Alabama in SEC Championship Game 29-15
- Gator Softball Sweeps Santa Fe College in Fall Ball
- Gator Softball Falls to Tennessee in First Game of WCWS
- Lafayette Falls in 1A State Title Softball Game