NASA source tells TV20 spacewalk on Dec. 19 will be required to fix cooling problem on ISS.
Michael Bargo sentenced to death for the murder of Seath Jackson.
Santa Fe College To Add Women's Volleyball In 2014
Gainesville, FL – Santa Fe College President Dr. Jackson Sasser and the Board of Trustees made it official this week, voting to approve the inception of an intercollegiate volleyball team slated to start competition in fall of 2014. The addition will now give SF five competitive athletics programs: men’s basketball and baseball, and women’s basketball, fast pitch softball, and volleyball.
Saints Volleyball will compete at the NJCAA Division I level as members of the Mid-Florida Conference and provide 12 scholarships per season. SF is joining a recent influx of schools that have decided to add the sport of volleyball. The College of Central Florida added a team in 2011-12 and Daytona State College will start their program this fall.
“We are very excited about the addition of volleyball and would thank President Sasser, Dr. Naima Brown and the Board of Trustees for their support,” said SF Athletics Director Jim Keites. “This sport has been requested for many years by our students and the community and we believe it will be well received.”
President Sasser believes that volleyball is a welcome addition to the Santa Fe College campus.
“The addition of women’s volleyball adds a rich dimension to our college and community,” said Sasser. “The academic and athletic opportunities that this new sport at the college level will provide are innumerable.”
Gainesville is known throughout the state as a hotbed for talent, with some of the best high school club teams in the state calling the area their home. University of Florida head volleyball coach Mary Wise sees this as a tremendous opportunity for Alachua and Bradford counties.
“Santa Fe is a unique two year school because of size and location to the University of Florida and my guess is they will be able to track talent very well,” said Wise. “Volleyball is the most popular sport in the state amongst female high school athletes and I don’t think it will take very long to grow the program with of the quality of the academics and the location.”
- Gator Women's Basketball Falls, Santa Fe College Wins
- College of Central Florida Women's Basketball Downs Santa Fe
- Florida Women's Sports Wrap: Volleyball Wins, Soccer Loses
- Gator Volleyball Sweeps Alabama, Women's Hoops Wins on Road
- Gator Softball One Win Shy From 4th Consecutive Women's College World Series
- Santa Fe College Men's Hoops Wins, Women Fall Wednesday Night
- Gator Roundup: Men's Basketball Stunned in Arizona, Women Get First Road Win, Football Adds Another Recruit
- Santa Fe College Women Hoops Fall to Tallahassee CC
- Santa Fe College to Begin Search for Volleyball Coach
- Gator Men's and Women's Hoops Win on Sunday