Aaron Hernandez Fiancee Investigated In Links to Lloyd Murder
Published August 10th, 2013
BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) - The search for the weapon used to kill a semi-pro football player is focusing on whether former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez asked his girlfriend to get rid of the gun.
The Bristol Press reports that search warrants suggest Hernandez may have instructed Shayanna Jenkins to take a gun safe or lock box out of his Massachusetts home, the day after the body of Odin (OH'-dihn) Lloyd was discovered.
The warrants claim Jenkins may have dumped the weapons in the woods in Massachusetts or may have taken them to a Connecticut storage unit in Bristol that Hernandez paid for. Police have searched the unit.
Jenkins didn't respond to an email seeking comment.
Hernandez's attorney didn't return a call.
Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to a murder charge.
- Former Gator Aaron Hernandez Named a Person of Interest in Murder Investigation
- Fiancee of Aaron Hernandez to be called to testify Friday
- Aaron Hernandez Indicted on Murder Charge
- Former Gator Aaron Hernandez Charged with Murder
- Police: Hernandez Associate Says Hernandez Admitted To Shooting Odin Lloyd
- Aaron Hernandez Murder Case
- Aaron Hernandez's Cousin Held Without Bond in Connection to Murder Case
- Light Shed on Aaron Hernandez Case Thanks to Rolling Stone Article
- Aaron Hernandez Photo Taken Out of Hall of Fame
- Aaron Hernandez Stickers Replaced with Tebow's