Gators Announce Fan Initiatives for Football Games
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - With anticipation building for the Gator football team's 2013 opener next Saturday at 12:21 p.m. at Ben Hill Griffin against Toledo, the University Athletic Association wanted to provide fans with a number of initiatives in place for the upcoming campaign.
General Guidelines for High-Temperature Days
· Wear loose fitting clothing and a hat
· Sunscreen of at least 30 SPF - repeat application
· Get out of the sun if dizzy
· Drink plenty of fluids - water and Gatorade
· Avoid excess alcohol - it will compound heat problems
· If you have G-1 respiratory or cardiac disease be especially careful
· Go immediately to an aid station if you need help
Special Heat Initiatives for the Gators' season opener against Toledo:
· Misting stations located around Ben Hill Griffin Stadium: Outside Gate 2, Gate 16, Gate 9, upper North endzone Sunshine Seats
· Hand fans distributed at Verizon Gator FanFest outside Gate 2 of the Stephen C. O'Connell Center and select gates as fans enter the football stadium
· Sunscreen and Cooling Hand Towel giveaways at Verizon Gator FanFest outside Gate 2 of the O'Connell Center
· Numerous water fountains available throughout stadium
· $2 12-ounce bottled water will be available at concessions stands
· Officers at gates watching for fans in heat distress and directing to first aid stations
· Fans with a football ticket can enter the O'Connell Center through Gate 1 to get out of the heat and cool off
· The football game vs. Toledo will be on two of the O'Connell Center's video boards for fans to watch while staying cool inside
· Gator volleyball will be hosting the final day of the Campus USA Credit Union Invite that Saturday - matches include LIU-Brooklyn vs. New Orleans at 1:30 p.m. and Florida vs. Duke at 4 p.m.
Alligator Alley (Located on the West side of the Stadium Atrium outside Gate 1 and Gate 4)
· An effort has been made to increase the fan experience while at The Swamp and utilize the West Stadium atrium area outside Gates 1 and 4. Two areas will be set up with fan experience items, Centerplate Concessions, and additional new TVs and speakers.
o Televisions: Nine additional 55" TVs with speakers
o Food Court - West Stadium atrium, Gate 1 (South end)
§ Customizable Sandwich Station - Freshly sliced Italian and Turkey subs
§ Ice cold bottled water, Pepsi products and Gatorade available
§ Strawberry-infused, fresh-squeezed lemonade stand
§ The Sweet Spot - Offering delicious vanilla, chocolate and twist soft serve ice cream that will be available in both waffle cones and cups
§ Round tables, chairs and cocktail tables available by the concessions food court for fan comfort
o Concessions - West Stadium atrium, Gate 4 (North end)
§ Hawaiian Shaved Ice stand - A variety of tropical-flavored frozen delights
§ Everglades BBQ sandwiches and nachos
o Fan Enhancement Items
§ Photo booth
§ Face painters
§ Marketing booth
New Gator Guest Services Twitter account
· @GatorzoneFans - pertinent event announcements and information for fans
The Tag-A-Fan Program is meant to reduce the amount of time a parent/guardian could be separated from their missing party in a game-day crowd. The wristband allows a parent/guardian to fill out their section, row and seat section and number in case a fan becomes separated from his/her party, and can be picked up at the Gator Guest Services booth located outside Gate 2.
The information on the wristbands provides stadium personnel to help re-unite guests with their respective parties. Any lost person will be escorted to the main Guest Services desk located in the Gator Ticket Office lobby (between Gates 1 and 2). Parents, guardians or family members with a lost person should contact the nearest police officer or event staff member
Game Day Enhancements in the Evans Champions Club and Holloway Touchdown Terrace
There are several significant game day enhancements for the Evans Champions Club and Holloway Touchdown Terrace. The enhancements include:
· Extended food & beverage hours
· Buffet will remain open until the middle of the 2nd quarter
· Beverages will remain out through halftime
· Snacks will be provided at halftime
· Both the Champions Club and Touchdown Terrace will have ice cream bars available at halftime
· Additional televisions in each area with the ability to watch other games of interest
· Touchdown Terrace: 10 additional TVs
· Champions Club: 15 additional TVs
· Kids' Zone - organized activities for kids in the Champions Club
· Wii gaming station
· Coloring station, arts, crafts, themed days for select games
Zero Waste Initiatives
As part of the University of Florida's zero waste ambitions, The Swamp is taking the first step in 2013.
· Throughout stadium concourses, fans will now find a compost container paired with a recycling container.
· Visual aids will be at each station to help fans get it in the right can.
· Green team members will be throughout Ben Hill Griffin Stadium educating fans and assisting in the sorting of compostable and recyclable items.
- Fan Initiatives For 2011 Florida Gator Football Season
- First Three Gator Football Game Times Announced
- Gators Fans Come Out To Watch Annual Spring Football Game
- Gators Kick Off SEC Media Days; First Three Game-Times Announced
- Gator Football Fan Day Set!
- Gator Football Fan Day Set!
- GATORS HOST FOOTBALL FAN DAY
- The Florida Football Fan Game
- Number of Fan Ejections at UF Football Game Hits Season High
- Tuesday Scrimmage Will Simulate Game Day For Gator Football