Riley Cooper Excused from Eagles to Seek Counseling
GAINESVILLE- Wide receiver Riley Cooper and the Eagles have decided in light of Coopers racial slur in a video, it is best for him take an absence from the team while he seeks counseling.
The choice was announced on Friday, with both parties issuing a statement.
The Eagles said:
"This is all new territory and we are going to evaluate this timetable every step of the way. He will meet with professionals provided by the Eagles during this period of time to better help him understand how his words have hurt so many, including his teammates."
"The last few days have been incredibly difficult for me. My actions were inexcusable...Right now, I think it's important for me to take some time to reflect on this situation. As long as it takes, and whatever I have to do, I'm going to try to make this right."
- Riley Cooper and Chip Kelly Speak on Cooper's Punishment for Racial Slur
- Riley Cooper Issues Apology For Racial Slur
- Cooper Returns to Eagles; Michael Taylor Fears His Mama
- Gators Keep Eagles from Soaring
- Meyer Praises Cooper For Efforts Against Charleston Southern
- Meyer Counting on Cooper
- Eagles Snap Skid Against Wolves with 39-0 Shutout Victory
- HS Countdown to Kickoff: Bronson Eagles
- Gators Soar Past Eagles
- HS Football Preview: Bronson Eagles