Gators Down Tennessee in SEC Opener; Lose QB Driskel
GAINESVILLE- The Florida Gators beat the Tennessee Vols for the 9th straight year.
With a score of 31-17 the Gators took their SEC opener, but it came at a price.
Starting QB Jeff Driskel broke his fibula during the first quarter and will have season ending surgery. In his place, redshirt junior Tyler Murphy stepped up and showed out.
Murphy has never started a college game in his career. He came in today and completed 8 of 14 passes for 134 yards and a touchdown, while rushing for 84 yards and a touchdown.
The Florida defense continued their stifiling play, forcing the Vols to committ 6 turnovers.
Chris Price has a recap from Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
- Several Gator Players Suspended for Opener; Steve Russell on Gator Insider
- Florida Baseball Loses SEC Tourney Opener, Awaits NCAA Tourney Fate
- Gators Out-Toughed Against Tennessee, Lose 75-70
- Gator Softball Advances to SEC Tournament Championship with 2-1 Win Over Tennessee
- Driskel, Brissett Both Start Opener in 27-14 Gator Victory
- Tim Walton Kicks 3 Gator Softball Players Off Team, Gators Lose Regional Opener
- Gator Baseball Loses Regular Season Finale To Auburn, Earns #3 Seed at SEC Championships
- Matt Jones Out For Season Opener; Committee of Running Backs Stepping Up
- Heavy Hearts at Tigers Opener; Zach Aldridge Live from Lake Butler
- GATOR SOCCER LOSES OPENER