Loucheiz Purifoy Declares for NFL Draft
Published December 2nd, 2013
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Florida cornerback Loucheiz Purifoy has declared for the NFL draft, forgoing his final year of eligibility.
The school made the announcement Monday, two days after the Gators (4-8) completed their first losing season since 1979. Purifoy joins teammate Dominique Easley, who announced he is turning pro after a season-ending knee injury in September.
Purifoy played in 37 games at Florida, including 19 starts, and finished with 102 tackles, 12 pass breakups, five forced fumbles, 4 ½ tackles for loss, three blocked kicks, two interceptions, two sacks and a fumble recovery.
Florida coach Will Muschamp is "100 percent supportive" of Purifoy's decision.
Purifoy had 24 tackles, seven pass breakups and two interceptions this season.
He says, "it's best for me and my family to pursue a career in the NFL."
- Florida Junior CB Marcus Roberson to Declare for NFL Draft
- Gators BUCK LB Ronald Powell Declaring for the NFL Draft
- Gators LB Jenkins To Declare for NFL Draft
- Jonotthan Harrison Prepares for NFL Draft
- NINE GATORS SELECTED IN NFL DRAFT
- HARVEY MAKES TOP TEN IN NFL DRAFT
- Ingram & Murphy Taken on Day Two of NFL Draft
- Draft Preview With NFL.com Writer Bucky Brooks
- Sharrif Floyd Opens Up Before NFL Draft
- Former Gators Preparing for the NFL Draft