Tim Tebow Signed as ESPN SEC Analyst
Published December 30th, 2013
ATLANTA (AP) - Tim Tebow has his next football job - talking about the sport on TV.
The Heisman Trophy winner has been hired as a college football analyst for the new SEC Network in a return to his Florida glory days, but he still hopes to play quarterback in the NFL.
Tebow will appear on "SEC Nation," a pregame show that will travel to a different campus each week after the channel launches in August. The multiyear deal "will not preclude him from continuing to pursue playing opportunities in the NFL," ESPN, which runs the network, said in a statement Monday.
Tebow did not play in the league in 2013 after he was cut by the Patriots in August. In the span of just over one season, he went from a national sensation who led the Denver Broncos to the playoffs, to a backup, to out of the NFL.
"While I continue to pursue my dream of playing quarterback in the NFL, this is an amazing opportunity to be part of the unparalleled passion of college football and the SEC," Tebow said in a statement released by ESPN.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tim Tebow Signed to Patriots; Fans React
- Meyer Moonlights As ESPN Analyst
- TV20 Sports Talks with Tim Tebow
- Part Three: TV20 Sports Interviews Tim Tebow
- Part Four: TV20 Sports Interviews Tim Tebow
- Tim Tebow Debuts Jockey "Stay Cool" Campaign
- Tim Tebow Appearing In Gainesville Thursday
- New York Jets Players Tim Tebow And Mark Sanchez Team Up For Player- Led Camp In California
- Jaguars Want Tim Tebow
- Tim Tebow Asked Coaches Not to Play