Santa Fe Baseball Picks up Two Wins Over Southeastern University JV
Gainesville, FL – The Santa Fe Saints picked up two wins on Saturday afternoon against Southeastern University JV, blanking the Fire 9-0 and 12-0. Walker Burgess (2-1, 9.00 ERA) was the victorious pitcher in game one and Connor Rooney (2-1, 3.46 ERA) won game two.
Payson Smith continued his hot hitting, going 4-for-7 with four RBI in the two games. He has now hit safely in nine straight games and leads the team in batting with a .471 average. He has at least one hit in 14 of the 16 games he has appeared in.
Santa Fe (10-7) put three on the board in inning two of the first game, one each in the third and fourth and put the game away in the fifth with four runs, three coming on a Payson Smith bases clearing double.
The seven, eight, nine hitters led the way for SF, contributing six hits and seven RBI. Mike Castilla was 2-for-3 with two RBI, Payson Smith finished 2-for-4 with three RBI and Chipper Andzel was 2-for-3 with two RBI.
The Saints continued their hot hitting in game two, plating five runs in the first inning and five more in the second. Evan Leyva drove in two of the five runs in the first inning and Colby Lusignan doubled in two runs in the second to set the pace. SF put insurance runs on the board in the third and the fifth for the 12-0 final.
Jonathan Camp finished game two 3-for-3 and was 5-for-6 with three RBI on the afternoon. Lusignan was 2-for-4 with four runs scored, a triple, and three RBI, Leyva was 1-for-4 with three RBI, AJ Mazzurco finished 2-for-3 with a RBI, and Smith was 2-for-3 with a RBI.
The Saints will now begin the Mid-Florida Conference portion of their schedule on Wednesday when they travel to Sanford to battle Seminole State College at 3:00 PM.
- Bader Homers Again; UF Baseball Picks Up Win Over Miami
- College of Central Florida Baseball Gets Win Over Santa Fe
- Lady Knights Volleyball Pick Up Road Win at Santa Fe
- Softball's Walton Picks Up 500th Win with Gators; Baseball Routs Rhode Island 22-3
- St. Francis and Buchholz Pick Up Wins Over Rivals
- Gator Lacrosse Picks Up Win Over Dartmouth
- Santa Fe Baseball Makes Program History with 8-1 Victory Over Falcons
- Santa Fe College Baseball Wins Conference
- Santa Fe College Baseball Wins State Championship!
- Santa Fe College Baseball Opens Season with Win