Easley Officially Signs with Patriots
Published June 24th, 2014
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - The New England Patriots have signed first-round draft pick Dominique Easley.
The team chose the defensive lineman from Florida with the 29th pick early last month. Easley can play end and tackle, but his draft prospects dropped because of two ACL knee operations. Patriots coach Bill Belichick said the day Easley was drafted that the team feels he'll be all right. Easley started 26 of 32 games during four years at Florida with 81 tackles and 5 1/2 sacks. He played just three games as a senior.
The Patriots also signed rookie free agent Chris Martin. The offensive lineman from Central Florida was signed by the Houston Texans on May 16 and released on May 27.
- Florida's Crawford, Gators Commit Danish Selected in 1st 2 Rounds of MLB Draft
- Four Former Gators Suit Up as NFL Rookies for Jags vs Dolphins
- NFL Draft Recap: Round 2
- NFL Draft Round 1 Roundup
- Rainey Signs NFL Contract with Steelers
- Gator Volleyball Cruises in 1st Round of NCAA Tournament
- Gators BUCK LB Ronald Powell Declaring for the NFL Draft
- Former Gators Preparing for the NFL Draft
- Gators TE Reed, UGA OLB Jones Entering NFL Draft
- Gators LB Jenkins To Declare for NFL Draft