Stewart and Moultrie Make USA National Team
OKLAHOMA CITY – University of Florida softball alumna Michelle Moultrie and Gator sophomore Kelsey Stewart both were named to the USA Softball Women’s National Team, unveiled Sunday by the Amateur Softball Association.
The 17-player roster will participate in competitions and exhibitions at six sites in four countries over the next two months, including the World Cup of Softball July 7-12 in Irvine, Calif., and the ISF Women’s World Championship Aug. 12-24 in Haarlem, Netherlands. The complete roster and schedule are available on USA Softball’s website.
A two-time All-American during her UF career, Moultrie will compete with Team USA for the fourth consecutive year. The Jacksonville, Fla., native led the Red, White and Blue to Gold Medals at the 2011 and 2012 World Cups of Softball and the 2011 Pan American Games. In addition, Moultrie earned silver medals for her country at the 2012 ISF World Championship and the 2013 World Cup.
Named a First Team All-American after leading the Gators to their first national championship in 2014, Stewart earned her first selection to the U.S. Women’s National Team. The Wichita, Kan., native previously competed with the Junior National Team, winning a silver medal at last year’s ISF Junior Women’s World Championship.
For the latest information about Moultrie and Stewart as they don the Stars and Stripes, fans can stay tuned to GatorZone.com. Updates about the 2014 National Champion Gator Softball team also are available on Twitter and Facebook.
- Michelle Moultrie Makes Gators Go
- Gator Softball Scores 35 In Doubleheader to Complete Sweep of South Carolina
- Stewart Steals Home as Gator Softball Advances to Super Regionals
- Fuller's 3 Homers Not Enough As Florida Falls to LSU for First Loss of Season
- Haeger Improves to 19-0 in 2-0 Win Against Kentucky
- Gators G Frazier Earns Spot On Team USA U19 Squad
- Gator Basketball's Patric Young Crucial In Team USA's Win Against Lithuania
- Gator's Young Perfect, Team USA Not in U19 Hoops Loss to Croatia
- UF's Haeger Named USA Softball Player of the Year
- Tim Walton Kicks 3 Gator Softball Players Off Team, Gators Lose Regional Opener