Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - Sarasota police have charged a 23-year-old man with aggravated manslaughter after officers say he left his 2-year-old baby in the car and she died.
Uriel Hernandez was arrested Sunday.
Police say Hernandez picked up his child at 6 a.m. on Sunday and went home. Officials say he went inside to get a phone charger and went to sleep.
Around noon he realized the child was still in the car. When he returned to check she was dead.
Police say the temperature Sunday was around 85 to 95 degrees.
- Baby Dies of Head Injuries; Man Arrested
- Panther Dies After Colliding with Car
- Man Faces Charges After Leaving Dogs in Hot Car
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
- Construction Worker Dies After Lightning Strike
- Teen Spends 35 Days in Jail After Mistaken Arrest
- Baby Left in Car While Mother was in a Bar
- Boy Dies In Car While Parents At Funeral
- 2 Arrests Made in Death of Bullied Florida Girl
- Panhandle Boy Dies After Attack By Bulldogs