Sheriff: 3 kids among 5 dead in South Florida
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - Investigators say a man apparently killed his family before turning the gun on himself inside their southwest Florida home.
Lee County Sheriff's deputies responded to the scene early Sunday and found the man, his wife and three daughters dead.
Sheriff Mike Scott says a man called the sheriff's office about 2:25 a.m., but he didn't release the details of the conversation.
Scott says deputies found "a horrific and unthinkable scene" inside the home in San Carlos Park near Fort Myers.
He says the children ranged in age from 2 to 10 years old.
The names of the victims have not been released.
Neighbors told the News-Press of Fort Myers there had been a loud party at the house on Saturday night and the music stopped around 2 a.m. Sunday.
- Fatal Crash on South Florida Highway
- Three Men Arrested for Inhumanely Slaughtering Animals in South Florida
- Feds Sue Florida For Keeping Kids In Nursing Homes
- No Bond for Florida Couple Accused of Kidnapping Kids
- New Leads Sought in Search for Missing Mom, Kids
- Deadly Shooting Raises Questions Among Archer Community
- Desk Clerk Mistakes Dead Body for Mannequin
- 2 dead in Apartment Fire
- Deadly I-4 Shooting Was a Case of "Mistaken Identity"
- Son Faces Neglect Charges After Mother Found Dead