Congressman Ted Yoho Wins Republican Primary Elections
MICANOPY-- It was two very different scenes tonight for team Yoho and team Rush.
Rush was surrounded by close family and friends while Yoho had a giant party celebrating the win on the road to becoming a second term congressman.
Yoho walked up to the stage and pulled the balloons to celebrate winning the third congressional republican party primary with 79 percent of the vote against rush.
Rush said it was a tough battle and believes he did everything he could to win even with some embarrasing "role playing" pictures leaked along the way.
(Jake Rush, Floridas Third Congressional District Contender ) " there was nothing wrong, nothing wrong, a little embarassing but how we reacted to it was yeah that me and roll on what's that have to do with the federal issues".
Rush says he doesnt plan to run again.
Yoho still says hes only planning on running for a total of four terms and is ready to get back on the campaign trail for the general election.
He says hes blessed and ready to get back to work.
(Ted Yoho, Congressman) "were gonna focus on the issues, were not going to attack anyone keep it positive but keep focusing on the issues and work hard sending that message to the people."
When he won his first election he tebowed and to celebrate his win he did it again
The november fourth election will pit yoho against democrat marihelen wheeler and independent howard lawson for the third congressional district seat.
Lauren verno tv20 news.
- Newly-Elected Congressman Ted Yoho 'Meets the Press'
- Yoho Opponent Jake Rush Responds to Photos, Calls Role-Playing a "Hobby"
- NCF Peanut Farmers Meet with Congressman Ted Yoho
- Congressman Yoho on Healthcare Legislation
- Local Immigration Group Talks Immigration Reform With Congressman Ted Yoho
- Immigration Summit With Congressman Ted Yoho (Long Version)
- Interview: Ted Yoho Primary Winner
- Tea Party's Yoho A Major Upset in Florida
- 2014 Primary Elections, Alachua County Results
- Congressman Yoho Calls Farm Bill Failure a "Disappointment"