Family, friends remember 7 children killed in tragic accident nine years ago today
Published January 25th, 2015
UNION COUNTY, Fla. -- Family and friends of seven people killed in a tragic accident in 2006 remember their loved ones tonight, especially.
Nine years ago today, Alvin Wilkerson was driving a semi-truck and crashed into a stopped van near Lake Butler in Union County.
The van then slammed into a school bus and burst into flames, killing seven children in the van.
Several more children on the school bus were also injured.
Wilkerson was charged with negligent manslaughter and was sentenced to seven years in prison.
- Gainesville community remembers officer killed 14 years ago
- Mother killed in hit and run remembered by family and friends
- Family and friends remember victim killed in home invasion
- Friends, Family, and Colleagues Gather To Honor Community Leader at Retirement Party
- Family, friends to honor "Baby Paisley"
- Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Cedar Key Boy
- Intoxicated Driver Crashes Into Family, Kills One
- Woman Killed, 5 Year Old Seriously Injured in Car Accident
- MCSO: Ocala man arrested after going AWOL from the U.S. Air Force 45 years ago
- Missing UF Student's Family, Not Giving Up