Popcorn Machine Fire Leads To Evacuation Of Theater
In Miami Beach smoke alarms sent moviegoers rushing outside of a Regal Cinemas Wednesday evening.
When officials arrived they found a small fire had started in a popcorn machine.
Employees attempted to put the fire out using a dry chemical extinguisher, which can cause irritation if breathed in.
The fumes from the extinguisher and the fire sent smoke through the building, prompting an evacuation.
Fire department officials told theater managers the building could not reopen until all fumes from the extinguisher were cleaned from the air- conditioning and the building.
The theater remained closed for the rest of the night.
- Argument Over Texting Leads To Fatal Shooting Inside Movie Theater
- Woman Set on Fire at Gas Station
- Witness Account of Colorado Movie Theater Shooting
- UF fraternity under fire for disrespecting veterans
- Another Possible Sinkhole, Residents Forced to Evacuate
- Flooding in Miami
- Boy Falls from Panama City Balcony
- Two Missing Children Found Safe, Asleep in a Car
- Father Abandons Baby at Strip Club
- Man Dies After Participating in Unusual Eating Contest