Woman Attacked by Shark in Jacksonville
Published May 16th, 2014
JACKSONVILLE -- A woman is recovering after being bitten by a shark while wading in thigh deep waters at Jacksonville Beach.
44-year-old Mihaela "Mima" Cosa, who was at the beach with her mother, was bitten Tuesday morning.
She was taken to Baptist Medical Center, where she was treated and received 21 stitches to close her wound.
Cosa told her rescuers that she didn't see what bit her, she just felt something bite and shake her foot.
She said it felt like knives slicing through her skin.
Medical personnel later confirmed the injury was a shark bite.
- Woman Accepts Plea Deal For Dog Attack
- Man Attacks Woman In McDonald's Drive-Through
- Shark Chumming
- Child Possibly Bitten by Shark in Panama City Beach
- Brevard County Teen Gets Bitten by Shark and Thinks it is Cool
- Shark Attacks Reach A Decade High
- Gainesville Police Searching For Woman's Attacker
- Pregnant Woman Arrested For Attacking Boyfriend
- Woman Attacked on UF Campus
- Man Arrested for Attacking Woman