Sinkhole Opens Up Near Tampa
SPRING HILL, Fla. -- A sinkhole opened up this weekend near Tampa, forcing one family out of their home.
The 120-foot wide and 30-foot deep sinkhole opened Saturday afternoon in Spring Hill.
Police evacuated four homes but later allowed residents to return to three of them.
Engineers were called out to assess the damage and the sinkhole may later be filled with sand and cement.
Officials say there have been nearly 300 sinkholes in Florida since 2010.
- Sinkhole Opens Up in Pine Hills
- Possible Sinkhole Being Investigated Near Tampa
- Small Plane Crashes in Tampa
- Tampa Bay Quadruplets Come Home for Christmas
- Tampa School District's Special Needs Policies Under Review After Student Death
- Accused Would-Be-Terrorist Pleads Not Guilty in Tampa
- Sinkhole In The Villages Filled
- One Year Since Sinkhole Accident
- Another Possible Sinkhole, Residents Forced to Evacuate
- Sinkhole Filled