Obama: Florida's Electoral Votes Make Nice Birthday Gifts
WINTER PARK, Fla. (AP) - President Barack Obama has a simple wish for his upcoming 51st birthday: Florida's 29 electoral votes.
Supporters in suburban Orlando sang "Happy Birthday" to Obama during a campaign rally on Thursday, an early nod to his birthday on Saturday. The president says his birthday wishes probably involve "electoral votes," adding, "Winning Florida wouldn't be a bad birthday present."
Obama is expected to keep a low profile on his birthday, spending the weekend at Camp David, the private presidential retreat in Maryland's Catoctin (kuh-TAHK'-tin) Mountains.
But presidential politics will get the birthday treatment. The president is holding a birthday-themed fundraiser at his family home on Chicago's South Side on Aug. 12.
- Florida's 29 electors set to cast votes for Trump
- Days After Election, Florida's Votes Finally Counted
- Obama: King's Dream Partly Met, Still Unfulfilled
- Obama Pressing for 'Buffett Rule' in Florida
- Possible Changes in Florida's Capital Punishment System
- Obama: Afghan Shooting Inquiry Will Be Thorough
- Obama: New Jobs Report a Sign Economy on Rebound
- Gainesville group resisting electoral votes for Trump's presidency
- AP Source: Obama Not Making New 'Cliff' Offer
- Florida's Law 'Stand Your Ground' is Here to Stay