Republican Event Kickoff Party Lineup Announced
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Country singer-songwriter Rodney Atkins, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers cheerleaders and a troupe of Busch Gardens acrobats will perform at the Republican National Convention's official welcome party on Aug. 26 at Tropicana Field.
The lineup was announced Tuesday. About 20,000 people, including 15,000 journalists, delegates and local VIPs, have been invited to the party. Other acts, including Karla Davis from The Voice and Tampa native Shannon Magrane from American Idol, will perform.
Also, local volunteer "pirates" - members of area organizations that dress up like pirates for fundraisers - will welcome the delegates and tell them about the Tampa Bay region and the annual Gasparilla Pirate Fest.
The Republican National Convention will be held from Aug. 27-30 in downtown Tampa.
- City Council Wants Guns Banned at GOP Convention
- Paul Supporters Say RNC is Blocking Festival Plans
- Gator Growl Lineup Announced
- Protestors March on the Republican National Convention
- Tea Party's Yoho A Major Upset in Florida
- Furloughs Threaten National Guard's Readiness in Event of a Hurricane
- RNC Committee Says It's on Track to Meet Goals
- Suspect to be announced in Tiffany Sessions case
- Republicans Await Returns in Two Southern States
- Republican: Akin 'Partly Right' on Rape Comment