Passenger Attacks Crew on NC-to-Florida Flight
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - A passenger aboard a US Airways flight from North Carolina to Florida has been arrested after witnesses say she attacked crew members before being wrestled to the jet's floor.
Lee County Port Authority spokeswoman Victoria Moreland said Wednesday her agency's police arrested a US Airways passenger but would not provide other details. US Airways spokesman Bill McGlashen said he didn't know how early in the flight the passenger became unruly.
WNCN-TV in Raleigh reports a passenger on US Airways flight 1697 from Charlotte to Fort Myers kicked, scratched and spit on crew members. The North Carolina TV station said a reporter spoke to arriving crew members in the terminal.
The incident came hours after passengers restrained the agitated pilot of a JetBlue flight from New York to Las Vegas.
- Witness: Passengers were "Freaking Out" Over Flight Attendant Rant
- Passengers Say Captain Yelled About Bomb on JetBlue Flight
- US Airlines to Halt Northeast Flights
- 2 Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan IED Attack
- Shark Attacks Reach A Decade High
- Mack Attack Ad Blasts Nelson Over Obama Pipeline Call
- Police Look for Witnesses of Face-chewing Attack
- Update Expected for Victim in Face-chewing Attack
- Passenger Gropes TSA Agent
- Sinkhole Swallows Florida Man: Crews Call Off Search