Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Supporters of George Zimmerman Afraid of Speaking Out
Friends and family of George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin to death, are remaining largely out of sight. The few who have defended Zimmerman did so reluctantly, most fearing public backlash.
The 28-year-old Zimmerman has gone into hiding. His version of what happened on the rainy night of Feb. 26 has only trickled out from police and his attorney. Zimmerman told police he was attacked by Martin.
He said he fired in self-defense and he was not charged, touching off widespread public outrage and protests across the country.
Martin's supporters believe race played a role in the shooting. Unlike Zimmerman's supporters, they have packed churches, swarmed rallies and worn hooded sweat shirts in solidarity.
- Tape of George Zimmerman May Help His Defense
- Police Probe George Zimmerman on Inconsistencies In His Story
- Zimmerman Wants Jurors Sequestered
- Judge Reluctant to Delay in Zimmerman Case
- Zimmerman's Lawyers Withdraw from Shooting Case
- George Zimmerman First Court Appearance
- Zimmerman Apologizes for Shooting
- Zimmerman Attorney Will Disclose $200,000 Windfall at Hearing
- Old George Zimmerman MySpace Page Surfaces
- Zimmerman Using $30,000 for Living Expenses