Old George Zimmerman MySpace Page Surfaces
MIAMI (AP) - Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman has an old MySpace page where he made some disparaging comments about Mexicans and also referred to a 2005 legal scrape involving his confrontation with law enforcement officers.
The page mentions a seven-year-old domestic violence incident between Zimmerman and a former girlfriend and includes several photos.
Zimmerman discusses his hometown of Manassas, Va. He talks about Mexicans, in his words, messing with people's cars and pulling knives. No details are provided.
The 28-year-old Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the Feb. 26 shooting of the 17-year-old Martin in Sanford. The case has sparked racial tensions around the country because Martin, who was unarmed, was black, while Zimmerman has a white father and Hispanic mother. Martin's family and supporters claim he was a victim of racial profiling.
- Tape of George Zimmerman May Help His Defense
- Police Probe George Zimmerman on Inconsistencies In His Story
- Zimmerman Wants Jurors Sequestered
- Judge Reluctant to Delay in Zimmerman Case
- Supporters of George Zimmerman Afraid of Speaking Out
- Zimmerman's Lawyers Withdraw from Shooting Case
- George Zimmerman First Court Appearance
- Zimmerman Apologizes for Shooting
- Zimmerman Attorney Will Disclose $200,000 Windfall at Hearing
- Zimmerman Using $30,000 for Living Expenses