Update Expected for Victim in Face-chewing Attack
MIAMI (AP) - A homeless man who had his face mostly chewed off in a bizarre attack is still recovering at a Miami hospital.
Ronald Poppo's doctors are scheduled to give an update on his condition Tuesday afternoon.
Poppo has been hospitalized at Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center since he was attacked May 26 alongside a busy highway. It's not clear what led Rudy Eugene to attack Poppo.
Emergency callers reported seeing a naked Eugene swinging from a light pole minutes before the attack. Surveillance video from a nearby building shows Eugene stripping Poppo and pummeling him before appearing to lie on top of him.
A police officer shot and killed Eugene. Autopsy results are still pending.
- Police Look for Witnesses of Face-chewing Attack
- Toxicology Report for Miami Face-Chewer
- Naked Homeless Man Chews Off Another Man's Face
- Man Accused of Attacking Woman in Bedroom, Faces Her in Trial
- Burn Victim Testifies against His Accused Attackers
- Senate Expected to Hold Off Flood Insurance Boost
- Former Santa Fe College basketball player likely died from chewing gum in sleep
- Suit: Patriots' Hernandez Shot Man in Face in Florida
- American Airlines Pilot Faces Child Porn Charges
- 2 Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan IED Attack