At least 5 dead in shooting at Fort Lauderdale Airport
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla -- At least five people were killed in a shooting at the Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport in Florida, official sources told ABC News.
A suspect is in custody, a senior federal official said.
The Broward County sheriff said there were multiple deaths and eight people were injured.
The airport said the incident was in the baggage claim area at Terminal 2, which was evacuated.
Airport officials said all services are temporarily suspended.
- 2 dead, up to 16 injured in nightclub shooting
- At Least 7 Dead in Shooting at Religious University in Oakland
- Deadly Shooting at Los Angeles Int'l Airport
- Tragic End For Pregnant Woman
- Search for Missing Fort Lauderdale Teen
- At Least Nine Dead in Midwest Storms
- At Least 12 Dead in Midwest Storms
- At Least 3 Dead in Flooding in Colorado
- 90-year-old Florida Homeless Advocate Honored in DC
- Fort Hood Gunman's Shooting Rampage Followed Over Denial Of Request For Leave