Nearly 1.9 Million Votes Already Cast in Florida
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - About 1.9 million Floridians have already cast ballots eight days before Election Day.
The Department of State said as of Monday morning, nearly 1.4 million people had cast absentee ballots and more than 500,000 people cast ballots in person during the early voting period that began Saturday.
The vote is nearly evenly split by party, with 784,444 ballots cast by Democrats and 774,304 ballots cast by Republicans. More than 307,000 ballots have been cast by voters who don't belong to either major party.
The total represents nearly 16 percent of Florida's 11.9 million voters.
- Onward to Romney's Big Night, a Speech to Millions
- Residents are Already Hitting the Polls
- Five Former Florida Governors Visit University of Florida
- Thousands Of Floridians Have Already Voted In General Election
- As Election Nears, Some Voters Grow Tired of Constant Political Ads
- Tea Party's Yoho A Major Upset in Florida
- Obama Pressing for 'Buffett Rule' in Florida
- Groups Call on Florida to Halt Voter Purge
- 6 Members of Congress Ask Florida to Stop Voter Purge
- New Poll: Obama Leads Romney in Florida, Bill Nelson Ahead in Senate Race