Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Soldier Killed in Afghanistan Buried in Panhandle
MARIANNA, Fla. (AP) - A soldier killed in Afghanistan has been laid to rest in the Florida Panhandle.
A funeral was held Saturday in Marianna for Spc. Daquane D. Rivers. Pentagon officials say Rivers died March 14 in a non-combat-related incident in Afghanistan's Paktika province.
In a ceremony at the Marianna High School auditorium, a minister read a statement from Rivers' mother. Barbara Ann Rivers said her son was a charming and courteous leader. Other relatives told The News Herald that they remembered Rivers for his ability to always make someone laugh.
Rivers was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 28th Infantry Regiment, 172nd Infantry Brigade, Grafenwoehr, Germany.
- 2 Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan IED Attack
- Soldier from Citra is Killed in Afghanistan
- Machete-Wielding Man Killed by Panhandle Officer
- Soldier Killed
- Soldier from Melrose dies in Combat in Afghanistan
- NCF Soldier Dies In Afghanistan
- Soldier Leaves for Afghanistan after Home Burns Down
- Soldier's Attorney Plans Trip To Afghanistan
- Police: Dead Boston Bombing Suspect Buried
- Man Resentenced to Die for Killing Panhandle Teen