Accused Would-Be-Terrorist Pleads Not Guilty in Tampa
A Florida man accused of planning to use explosives and weapons to "create mayhem'" in Tampa pleaded not guilty in court.
He is accused of a plot that included a car bombing, taking hostages and a suicide blast.
According to court records, he wanted "payback" for wrongs he felt were done to Muslims.
Authorities say the alleged bomb plot was foiled, thanks to the local Muslim community and law enforcement.
FBI agents arrested him on January 7, just after he allegedly made a video explaining his motives.
- Former NFL Player Pleads Guilty to Heroin Trafficking
- Kornegays Plead Guilty
- Suspects plead not guilty in Cloud 9 shooting in Ocala
- Women Accused of Hawthorne Murder Plead Guilty
- Sarasota Man Takes Down Would-Be Robber
- Sinkhole Opens Up Near Tampa
- Small Plane Crashes in Tampa
- Tampa Bay Quadruplets Come Home for Christmas
- Tampa School District's Special Needs Policies Under Review After Student Death
- Ceremony For 12th Anniversary of 9/11 Terrorist Attacks