Ex-Tarzan Actor Arrested; Big Cats Taken from Home
Authorities say two tigers and a panther are being removed from the home of a former Tarzan actor near West Palm Beach.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesman Jorge Pino told the Palm Beach Post that Steve Sipek was arrested early Monday on misdemeanor charges of possessing Class 1 animals without a USDA permit and keeping the animal as a pet.
Tigers and panthers are classified as Class 1 animals because they post significant danger to people.
Agency spokeswoman Carli Segelson did not know where the animals were taken or why the license was revoked.
It isn't the first time Sipek has been in the news because of his animals.
In 2004, his 600-pound tiger named Bobo was shot and killed after it escaped from Sipek's home.
- "Maddie's Pet Adoption Days" Comes to Gainesville
- Hundreds of Cats Removed from Sanctuary
- Ask A Vet 11/17/15
- Two Men Arrested by Miami-Dade Police for Running Illegal Slaughterhouse
- Horses Taken from Rescue Farm
- Marine Arrives Home from Mexican Jail
- Ask a Vet 10/6/15
- Adopt A Pet 10/15/15
- Marion County: Adopt a pet 2/17/16
- 23 Suspects Taken Into Custody And Charged In Connection To Organized Retail Theft