Missing Sarasota Hunter Found in Pasco County
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - State wildlife officials say they've found the body of a hunter reported missing in the Tampa Bay area.
According to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, David Smowton was reported missing Monday. His brother told authorities that the 56-year-old Sarasota man had planned a hunting trip Saturday in the Green Swamp West Wildlife Management Area in Pasco County, but he had not returned.
Smowton had been hunting small game with a shot gun.
Officials said Tuesday that a state wildlife officer found Smowton's body about a mile from his vehicle.
The Pasco County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Tranquilizer Used To Capture Kangaroo On The Run In Pasco County
- Sarasota Man Takes Down Would-Be Robber
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
- Missing Clay County Man Found In Gainesville
- Missing Alachua County Woman Found Alive Just Yards Away From Her Home
- Body of One Missing Gilchrist County Man Found Near Bank of Suwannee River
- Missing Nassau County Child Found
- Body of Missing Woman Found in Marion County