New Florida University
A new university could be coming to the state of Florida.
A senate committee gave the go-ahead for a change that would split the University of South Florida Polytechnic Campus in Lakeland away from the rest of USF.
The school would be Florida's 12th public university.
State senator Steve Oelrich of Cross Creek is the chairman of the higher education committee. He doesn't like that the state is creating an entire new university with budget language.
The issue has been tabled to be heard in a committee chaired by state senator J.D. Alexander, who is a proponent of the new school.
- Stabbing at Florida State Dorm
- Polytechnical University
- New Baseball Spring Training Initiative
- College Students Trying to Keep Up with Rising Textbook Prices
- Gov. Scott Appoints 5 New Members To State Board Over Universities
- South Florida High Speed Car Chase
- New Florida Sheriffs
- New Plans for Historic Newell Hall on University of Florida Campus
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case
- New Video in Possible Deadly UCF Attack