Spitting Teen Removed From Court
A Florida teen, accused of killing his grandfather, spit in his attorney's face during a courtroom hearing yesterday. That was just the beginning of the outbursts that led a judge to deem the 19-year-old incompetent to stand trial.
19 year old Clinton Drake walked into his court hearing dressed in suicide garb--guarded by several deputies. He's here because two doctors say he's not fit to stand trial for the murder of his 84 year old grandfather, John. Just as Drake's lawyer is comforting the teen, telling him he's doing good, he spits on her.
Drake was not allowed to return. Instead the judge talked with his lawyer, Beatriz Taquetchel, about why she thinks Drake is not mentally competent to move forward with his case. Drake's lawyer says he spends all his time in a padded cell, which is guarded by a deputy 24 hours a day, and still fears for his safety.
Prosecutors agree with Drake's lawyer, that the case should be halted until his mental state improves. As of right now, the case comes to a stop, and Drake will be treated at a mental health facility and the court will check in on his progress until he's able to go to trial.
- Teen Recovering After Spear Removed From His Brain
- Aaron Hernandez's All American Brick Removed from UF
- Hundreds of Cats Removed from Sanctuary
- Thousands of Bees Removed from Woman's Home
- Turkeys- Suggestions to be Removed From Budget
- Troublesome Alligator Removed From Neighborhood
- Daughter And Father Save Three Teens From Burning Car
- Burned Fla. Teen Thought He Would Die From Attack
- Florida Universities Want to Remove Animal Researchers' Names From Public Records Requests
- Deputies Remove 161 Cats From Home