Internet Cafes Still Allowed
A challenge to Florida lawmakers: "see for yourselves."
House member Scott Plakon, who represents central Florida, was a sponsor of a bill to ban internet cafes.
The bill failed in the state senate and as a result, Plakon says the sweepstakes industry will continue to grow.
Plakon is challenging members to visit internet cafes before they return to Tallahassee for the 2013 session.
Another bill to regulate internet cafes also failed.
It remains in the hands of city and county leaders to decide where the businesses can operate.
- Florida Could Soon Ban Internet Cafes in Wake of Scandal
- Attorney Found Guilty For Illegal Internet Cafes
- Gainesville Temporarily Bans Permits for All Internet Cafes
- Scott Unveils $74B Budget
- Sit In Inside of Governor Scott's Office
- Governor Scott's Response to Stand Your Ground Law
- Scott Still Undecided on Florida University Tuition
- Another Internet Cafe Going Online
- Ocala Discusses Internet Cafe's
- Internet Cafe In Jeopardy