BUSHNELL, Fla. (AP) - Detectives in central Florida are investigating as a hate crime the vandalism of Jewish headstones in a veterans' cemetery.
Sumter County Sheriff's Office detectives started their investigation into what happened to the headstones on Monday. Several headstones in two sections of the Florida National Cemetery were found pushed over or dug out last weekend.
The headstones were identified as Jewish by the Stars of David on them.
The Florida National Cemetery is run by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Vandals Trash More Than 40 Cars in Miami
- Hundreds Gather at a Local Jewish Community Center For The Start Of Passover
- Frat house vandalized with swastika
- Fla. Man Charged With Stealing Headstone Vases
- Gainesville church sets headstones for unmarked graves
- George Zimmerman "Stand Your Ground" Hearing
- State of the State Address
- Jewish Community Reacts to Trump Speech
- Security Increased At NY Jewish Synagogues
- Suspect in Jewish School Massacre in Standoff With Police