PIP Benefits Limited
Because car crash fraud costs policy holders millions of dollars every year state lawmakers have decided that personal injury protection laws need to change.
As a result PIP costs in Florida have risen by just over a billion dollars since 2008.
Victims involved in accidents got up to 10 thousand dollars to cover medical bills no matter who was at fault.
Now the accicent victim must get treatment within 14 days in the hospital. And to get the full 10k only a medical doctor may confirm the victim has an emergency medical condition.
Otherwise the PIP benefit is limited to 25 thousand dollars.
- State Senate Sends Vastly Different PIP Bill to House
- Workforce Connections Holds Event to Benefit Homeless Veterans
- Federal judge rules on Florida water pollution limits
- State House Passes Limited Health Care Bill
- Judge Limits Texts, Photos in Trayvon Martin Case
- Recent Bill will Limit the Rights of Some of the Mentally Ill in Florida
- Unemployment Benefits Expire
- Summer Shape Up: The Benefits of Walking
- Ask A Vet: The Benefits of Obedience Training
- Prices of Dairy Products to Rise, Farmers Benefit