WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a police officer shot and killed a suspect who had shot him in the shoulder at a West Palm Beach apartment complex.
The fatal shooting happened shortly after 10 p.m. Monday after police received reports from gas station about a man who had been shot in the face. The wounded man told officers he had been shot at the nearby Springbrook Commons complex and ran to the gas station for help.
The Palm Beach Post reports that as two officers in separate cruisers entered the complex, a suspect began shooting.
Police spokesman Allan Ortman says that officer returned fire, killing the suspect. He says the officer's injuries are not life-threatening.
The suspect's name was not released. Police continued investigating the incident early Tuesday.
- New Hampshire Shooting Kills Police Chief and Injures Four Officers
- Fatal Police Shooting
- Tampa Police Shooting
- Officer's Funeral in Melbourne
- New Orleans Police Officers Sentenced in Bridge Shootings
- Fatal Shooting in Miami
- Shooting in Bradenton
- Shooting at Wedding Reception
- Shooting at Shopping Center
- Man Says Devil Made Him Assault Girl According to Lake City Police