Trial Continues of Teen Accused of Double Murder
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - Witness testimony continues in the trial of a Sarasota teen accused of killing two British tourists.
The trial of 17-year-old Shawn Tyson is in its second week.
James Kouzaris and James Cooper were dining and drinking in downtown Sarasota in April.
The pair went to two bars and left on foot after several drinks.
They ended up in the Newtown neighborhood more than a mile from downtown.
It's unclear why the men ended up there.
But witnesses say they saw Cooper and Kouzaris walking shirtless and stumbling through the neighborhood - and that they were being followed by two men, one with a red bandanna around part of his face.
Tyson is being held at the Sarasota County Jail without bail. If convicted, he faces life in prison.
- Murder Trial Continues
- Fulgham Murder Trial Continues
- Jury Selection Continues In Murder Trial
- Teens Accused of Plotting Murder Sent Home
- Accused Teen Murderers Turning Against Each Other
- Marion County Teens Accused of Murder In Court Today
- Man Accused of 2011 Parking Garage Murder on Trial
- Grisly Details in Teen Murder Trial
- Fla. Man Accused Of Forcing Wis. Teen To Be Prostitute
- Competency Exam Delays Burned Teen Trial