Coast Guard Searches for 3 Missing Boaters in the Gulf
HERNANDO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for three missing boaters in the Gulf of Mexico.
The search began Sunday night when three people failed to return to Hernando Beach in the Tampa Bay area. They had been expected to return about 5 p.m.
Television station Bay News 9 reports conditions in the Gulf were rough and a small craft advisory was in effect on Sunday.
Officials say a Coast Guard crew left from nearby Clearwater to conduct the search.
No further details were immediately available.
- Coast Guard Testing Shoreline Protection Strategies
- Coast Guard Rescues Farmer at Sea
- Coast Guard Repatriates 7 Cuban Migrants
- A Local Business Benefits from Gators and Florida Gulf Coast Pre-Game
- 2 Missing Boaters Believed Dead
- Missing Boaters
- Expert Presents Ideas on Restoring the Gulf Coast
- Investigators Search for a Missing 16-year-old
- The University of Florida is Supporting the Search for Missing Student
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit