Coast Guard Searches for 3 Missing Boaters in the Gulf
HERNANDO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for three missing boaters in the Gulf of Mexico.
The search began Sunday night when three people failed to return to Hernando Beach in the Tampa Bay area. They had been expected to return about 5 p.m.
Television station Bay News 9 reports conditions in the Gulf were rough and a small craft advisory was in effect on Sunday.
Officials say a Coast Guard crew left from nearby Clearwater to conduct the search.
No further details were immediately available.
- Boater on Fishing Trip Missing in Gulf of Mexico
- Coast Guard Searches for Nine Fishermen Off The Coast of Haiti
- A Local Business Benefits from Gators and Florida Gulf Coast Pre-Game
- Coast Guard Testing Shoreline Protection Strategies
- Coast Guard Rescues Farmer at Sea
- Coast Guard Repatriates 7 Cuban Migrants
- Coast Guard to Help Release Baby Sea Turtles
- Coast Guard Crew Rescues Men Stranded at Sea for Eight Days
- Coast Guard Sending Help to Vessel off of Puerto Rico
- Family with Five Children Rescued by Coast Guard