Coast Guard Searches for 3 Missing Boaters in the Gulf
HERNANDO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for three missing boaters in the Gulf of Mexico.
The search began Sunday night when three people failed to return to Hernando Beach in the Tampa Bay area. They had been expected to return about 5 p.m.
Television station Bay News 9 reports conditions in the Gulf were rough and a small craft advisory was in effect on Sunday.
Officials say a Coast Guard crew left from nearby Clearwater to conduct the search.
No further details were immediately available.
- Coast Guard searches for missing Florida family in Gulf
- U.S. Coast Guard searching for missing boater near Cedar Key
- Coast Guard searches for boater after collision
- Coast Guard looking for 4 missing boaters off Key West
- Coast Guard rescues 4 boaters who went missing off Key West
- Search continues for missing Ocala boater in Gulf of Mexico
- Coast Guard: Sailboat 'debris field' found in Gulf of Mexico
- Boater on Fishing Trip Missing in Gulf of Mexico
- One body found while search continues for missing boater
- Coast Guard Searches for Nine Fishermen Off The Coast of Haiti