Man Rents Gun, Kills Self at Orlando Gun Range
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Sheriff's deputies say a man rented a handgun and shot himself to death at an Orlando gun range.
The shooting happened Monday afternoon at The Shooting Gallery. Officials say the man, who was around 60, was pronounced dead at Orlando Regional Medical Center.
The man was the only patron at the gun range when the shooting occurred.
Deputies say the man shot himself in "the upper body." No further details were immediately available and the man's name was not released.
A 24-year-old man committed suicide at the same gun range in August 2010.
- Convicted Felon Arrested for Hitting Wife with Gun, Threatening to Kill Her
- Protestors Take Action After Man is Killed by Stun Gun
- Man Killed in Act of Self Defense
- Ocala Man Kills Self, Sets Home and Barn on Fire
- ACSO Lieutenant Under Investigation After He Accidentally Shot His Gun at the Courthouse
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured When SUV Hits Orlando Bus Stop
- A Man is Killed after Pointing a Gun at Officers
- FBI: Orlando Man Fatally Shot in Boston Bombing Probe
- Man Dies After Being Hit By Branch In Orlando
- Three Men Gunned Down in Downtown Ocala, Man Believed to be Responsible in Custody