Miami Woman's Body Found in Apartment, Teen Son Questioned
MIAMI (AP) - Police say they're questioning the teenage son of a woman whose body was found inside a South Florida apartment.
Miami-Dade Police Det. Alvaro Zabaleta tells broadcast station WTVJ that Renette Emile's body was found early Thursday after her boyfriend alerted authorities that no one had heard from her in more than a week.
Zabaleta says the 16-year-old and a 3-year-old boy had been living in the apartment for several days with Emile's decomposing body.
Police say they had been called to Emile's apartment on two previous occasions for incidents involving the teen.
Zabaleta did not immediately return messages left Thursday by The Associated Press.
- Woman's Decomposing Body Found
- Deputies ID Woman's Body Found In Ocala National Forest
- Missing Woman's Remains Found in Texas
- Body of Missing Worker Found in Collapsed Miami Parking Garage
- Gainesville Woman's Death Ruled Homicide
- Thousands of Bees Removed from Woman's Home
- Woman's Swim from Cuba Cut Short
- Missing woman's remains identified thanks to DNA testing
- Aguilar Family Believes Son's Remains Have Been Found
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County