Sanford Police Investigating Drive-by Shooting
SANFORD, Fla. (AP) - Police in central Florida say three people were injured in a drive-by shooting, including a pregnant woman.
Sanford police spokesman David Morgenstern says at least 30 shots were fired at a crowd of people in front of a home early Wednesday.
The Orlando Sentinel reports the pregnant woman was grazed in the ear by a bullet. She was taken to a hospital, along with two other victims. The newspaper says the injuries were not life-threatening.
Police are looking for a silver or grey vehicle and believe the suspects are armed with automatic weapons.
Detectives say they haven't determined whether a similar shooting about a block away on Monday is linked to the latest drive-by shooting. A 17-year-old is still recovering from gunshot wounds from the Monday shooting.
- Teen Killed in Drive-By Shooting
- Drive-By Shooting in Belleview Leaves 1 Man Dead and 1 Injured
- 2 Children Hurt in Drive-By Shooting
- Drive-by shooting severely injures teens
- GPD: Man injured in drive-by shooting
- Detectives Investigating Drive By Shooting in Marion County
- Sanford Police Chief Fired
- Lake City Police Still Investigating Accidental Shooting Death of 11-Year Old Boy
- Lake City Police Investigate Shooting
- Lake City Police Investigate Fatal Shooting