Scott Re-appoints Hundreds
The University of Florida has lost the chairman of its board of trustees.
But three others were re-appointed to the board today.
In a long list of statewide appointments this afternoon, Governor Rick Scott included three UF Trustees.
Scott was forced to make the re-appointments because the state senate failed to confirm them during the legislative session.
About 50 people did not get reappointed, including UF Trustee Chair Carlos Alfonso, who resigned on Friday.
This is the last day they could be reappointed before having to leave their posts.
The UF Trustees who were re-appointed were Michael Heekin, Alan Levine, and Juliet Roulhac.
- Gov. Scott Appoints 5 New Members To State Board Over Universities
- Florida Governor Reappoints 3 Passed Over Agency Heads
- Governor Scott Appoints Local Leaders
- Scott Appoints New Governor's Board
- Governor Scott Rescheduled Gore Execution For October
- Governor Scott Signs Death Warrant
- Governor Scott Full Interview
- Governor Scott Pushes For Healthcare For Floridians
- Governor Scott Enlists Support from Board of Education
- Scott Still Undecided on Florida University Tuition