12-Year-Old Boy Saves 4 Younger Siblings from House Fire
MILTON, Fla. (AP) - Officials are crediting a 12-year-old boy for saving his four younger siblings from their burning home near Pensacola.
Family members told the Pensacola News Journal that Justin Jackson ran back inside the smoke-filled home three times to rescue his three brothers and baby sister.
The newspaper reports the boy was the oldest person in the home when the fire broke out. His father was out of town on business and his mother was working a night shift at a nursing home.
The News Journal reports that the children lit candles after a thunderstorm knocked out electricity to the home Saturday night.
The boy had gotten all four siblings out by the time Milton firefighters arrived. They say the home was a total loss.
- 8-Year-Old Boy Set on Fire While Playing in Neighbors' Yard
- 12-Year-Old Hero
- 13-year-old Gainesville Boy Sends Care Packages to Navy Seals
- A Special Wish Granted To 15-year-old Boy Brings Him To Disadvantaged Primates
- Alachua County Man in Jail for Taking 3-year-old Boy
- 3-Year-Old Boy Almost Kidnapped By Sex Offender
- 16-Year-Old Graduates from Santa Fe
- Investigators Search for a Missing 16-year-old
- 19-Year-Old Turned in to Police by His Father
- 89 Year Old Man Dies in House Fire