WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Federal authorities say they've taken into custody more than a dozen people aboard a boat about 30 miles off South Florida's coast.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials tell The Palm Beach Post that 15 adults were detained Saturday night in the Atlantic off West Palm Beach.
The agency said the 25-foot cabin cruiser was boarded on suspicion of violation of immigration laws.
The 15 detainees were aboard a U.S. Coast Guard ship Sunday. The boat was towed to Riviera Beach.
- Missing Boaters
- One body found while search continues for missing boater
- Boy Who Made Possible Bomb Threat Detained
- University of Florida professor detained in Middle East
- 2 Missing Boaters Believed Dead
- Boater on Fishing Trip Missing in Gulf of Mexico
- Coast Guard looking for 4 missing boaters off Key West
- Coast Guard searches for boater after collision
- Coast Guard Searches for 3 Missing Boaters in the Gulf
- Coast Guard rescues 4 boaters who went missing off Key West