Child Injured in Children's Race Dies from Injuries
ST. PETERSBURG (AP) — Authorities say a 12-year-old who crashed in to a wall during a children's race at a central Florida race track has died.
The Tampa Bay Times reports Tyler Morr died Wednesday at All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg.
Officials say Morr was participating in an eight-lap "Kids Club" race at Auburndale Speedway in Winter Haven. The race is a regularly scheduled event for children ages 10 to 16.
According to the Polk County Sheriff's Office, Morr was traveling about 40 mph when his stock car collided with another and slammed into a wall.
The newspaper reports emergency crews had to cut the boy out of the car.
A hospital spokeswoman says the boy's family declined to talk on Wednesday.
- GPD Officer Dies From Injuries; Driver Has First Court Appearance
- Officer Dies From Injuries
- Shands Children's Hospital Among Best in Nation
- Car Crash Claims Two Children's Lives
- Death of Son, Leads to New Foundation and Future Children's Hospital
- Stop! Children's Cancer Fantasy Event
- Advocate Missing at Children's Remembrance
- FDA Investigates Recall Of 40 Children's Medicines
- Ferrero Foundation Hosts Event To Raise To Build Children's Hospital
- Children's Hospital in Gainesville Makes Cents