FAMU Marching Band Suspended for One Year
TALLAHASSEE- Florida A&M's famous Marching 100 Band will remain silenced through the next school year.
University President James Ammons made the announcement Monday during a conference call with the school's board of trustees.
The band has been off the field since the death of drum major Robert Champion.
Ammons says extending the suspension is necessary while the school works to set new rules.
- FAMU to Hire New Director for Suspended Band
- Defendant: FAMU Band Drum Major Wanted To Be Hazed
- FAMU Band Director Negotiations Fall Through
- FAMU Band
- FAMU Band Member Pleads No Contest
- Gator Marching Band Going to the Olympics
- UF Marching Band
- Gator Marching Band Heading to London for Olympics
- One Class at a Time: Meet March Winner Naomi Williams
- Eastside High Marching Rams Kick Off School Year