New Interim Police Chief in Sanford
SANFORD, Florida- The city at the center of the Trayvon Martin case has a new interim police chief.
Richard Myers was named the new, temporary chief in Sanford.
Bill Lee stepped down from the job for an undetermined amount of time to let emotions cool after Martin's death.
He tried to resign last week, but was denied by city leaders.
He remains on paid administrative leave.
- Police Probe George Zimmerman on Inconsistencies In His Story
- Police Chief in Martin Case Remains Under Scrutiny
- Sanford Warns Reporters About Contacting Workers
- Officials to Vote on Sanford Chief's Resignation
- Tape of George Zimmerman May Help His Defense
- Zimmerman Wants Jurors Sequestered
- Zimmerman's Attorney Wants Jury Pool Sequestered
- Prosecutors Don't Want Trial To Be About Martin
- Zimmerman Wants Evidence Private in Martin Case
- Sanford Police Chief Fired